BBHC receives funding for substance abuse and mental health services from the Florida Department of Children and Families.
BBHC has Care Coordinators that provide oversight to the Care Coordination Teams at local provider agencies. These teams serve individuals with complex needs involved in multiple systems. They follow Critical Time Intervention (CTI) which is an evidence-based practice over three phases of three months each. Care Coordination is time-limited, intensive case management. The Care Coordination Teams consist of a Case Manager, Peer Specialist and a Clinical Supervisor.
Care Coordination focuses on those individuals who are high utilizers of mental health and substance abuse services.
Care Coordination Short-Term Goals:
- Prioritize an individual’s wellness and community integration.
- Improve transitions form acute and restrictive placements such as State Hospital, receiving facilities, crisis stabilization, SRT’s (Short Term Residential Treatment) or inpatient facilities, and detox.
- Empower individuals to achieve their hopes and dreams.
Care Coordination Long-Term Goals:
- Reduce admissions to State Mental Health Treatment Facilities (SMHTF), detoxification unit, receiving facilities, and arrests.
- Increase individuals’ recovery.
For additional information, contact Norma Wagner, Director of Operations/System of Care at: firstname.lastname@example.org