BBHC receives funding for substance abuse and mental health services from the Florida Department of Children and Families.
PEER SPECIALIST WORKFORCE
On October 2016, the Florida Department of Children and Families Substance Abuse and Mental Health Program (DCF-SAMH) office released the Florida Peer Services Guidance Handbook.
It is imperative that systems, employers, and employees understand the role of a peer specialist. When peer services are implemented correctly, the benefits of peers can be realized. The handbook benefits Managing Entities, Behavioral Health service providers, Managed Care Organizations, Peer Specialists, and community partners, Drop-in/Clubhouse and Peer operated programs.
This document will assist with:
• Understanding the Role of Peer Specialist,
• Benefits of Peer Providers,
• Preparing to integrate Peers into the workforce,
• Strategies for Recruiting and Hiring Peer Specialist, and
• Strategies for Supervision and Retention